The DFC Endowment Fund
Thanks to the interest and support of recent program attendees and staff, the DFC has created a permanent, endowed fund. Our goal is to continue to have funds available to offer financial assistance to eligible candidates. Gifts of all sizes will be appreciated.
If you would like to learn more about our plans or would like to support the endowment, please contact Dina Lumia, Client Relations Manager, at 919-684-9746 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The DFC is not currently accepting applications for a scholarship. We will be accepting applications in April 2015 for the next scholarship available; however, we do not have the application available at this time. We plan to have the application available by March 1, 2015. Once this is available, we ask that you fax your application to us between April 1, 2015 and April 30, 2015. Applications received will be reviewed, and then all applicants will be notified of either their acceptance or denial by June 19, 2015. The scholarship recipient will be required to attend the four-week program within three months of acceptance.
For your information, below shows eligibility requirements and what was offered for our last scholarship:
• Minimum Body Mass Index (BMI) of 35 (see http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/guidelines/obesity/BMI/bmicalc.htm for BMI calculator)
• Must be at least 25-years-old
• Two recipient(s) will be offered a $6,000 scholarship towards a four week program.
• Must demonstrate financial need
Application Requirements - to be considered for a scholarship, you must:
• Complete and sign the five-page application.
• Write an essay of 400 words or less explaining how attending the DFC program will assist you in reaching your wellness goals. Please include past experiences with lifestyle change and weight loss efforts.
• Attach a copy of the first two pages of your 2013 or 2014 U.S. Income Tax Return.
• Provide contact information for two references.
• Submit physician statement (as described on page five of the application).
• Complete a phone interview with a member/s of the DFC treatment team.
For further information, please check out our Frequently Asked Questions.