Massage and Bodywork
Finding balance and ease in your body through our massage therapy services can help you support the program you follow at the DFC. Our approach is centered on your specific needs--chronic body tension or pain, deep relaxation or health restoration. Our goal is to support your optimal overall health by working with the body through mindfulness and skillful touch.
What are the benefits of Massage Therapy?
- Reduces stress by calming the nervous system
- Allows deep states of relaxation and increased body awareness
- Strengthens the immune system
- Increases muscle tone, flexibility and restores range of motion
- Decreases muscle tension
- Breaks down scar tissue
- Increases blood circulation and lymph flow bringing fresh oxygen and nutrients to tissue
- Stimulates digestive system
- Releases endorphins, the body's natural pain killers and other neuro-chemicals
- Frees muscle constriction to allow deeper and fuller breathing
- Prevents sports injuries and increases athletic performance
- Provides a feeling of ease and comfort in the body
- Helps with conditions such as chronic pain, headaches, arthritis, anxiety and depression, fibromyalgia, PMS, weight management, and stress
Our skilled team of licensed massage therapists specializes in the following:
This popular massage technique promotes circulation and leaves the body feeling relaxed and rested. It utilizes a combination of rhythmic gliding strokes, kneading and tapping. Swedish massage is great for anyone and is recommended for a first-time massage.
Deep Tissue Massage:
An intensified version of Swedish massage, this technique uses more specific pressure and slow strokes, which target deeper layers of muscle and fascia. The massage therapist focuses on specific muscles to release chronic tension patterns. This modality can be incorporated with Swedish massage.
Hot Stone Massage:
Smooth basalt lava stones are hated and used to "melt" muscle and fascia tension. This relaxing and nurturing massage can be combined with Swedish or deep tissue modalities.
This technique uses specific muscle testing to address specific injury or dysfunction patterns. It works to reconnect unused or underused muscles to the brain and body to improve range or quality of movement.
A balancing and grounding ancient treatment that focuses on reflex points on your feet to improve circulation, revitalize energy levels, ease pain, and increase relaxation in the body.