Meat Loaf Muffins Recipe
Servings: 6, Serving Size: 2 muffins
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- ½ cup finely chopped carrot
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup ketchup, no salt added, divided
- 1½ pounds ground beef, extra lean
- 1 cup crushed saltine crackers (fat-free, low sodium)
- 2 Tbsp prepared mustard
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Heat the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chopped onion, chopped carrot, dried oregano, and minced garlic -- sauté 2 minutes.
- Allow to cool.
- Combine cooled onion mixture, ½ cup ketchup, and the remaining ingredients (except cooking spray) in a large bowl.
- Spoon the meat mixture into 12 muffin cups coated with cooking spray.
- Top each with 2 tsp ketchup.
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes or until a thermometer registers 160ºF.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Analysis per Serving
- Calories: 300
- Fat: 10 g
- Carbohydrate: 24 g
- Protein: 28 g
- Food Groups: ½ starch, ½ vegetable, 3 protein
Adapted from Cooking Light, March 2006
LEARN MORE: For more information or to speak to an admissions coordinator, call 1-888-313-7174 or use our online contact form.