Roasted Garlic and Shiitake Mashed Potatoes Recipe
Servings: 8, Serving Size: ½ cup
- 2 lbs baking potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1½ cups shiitake mushrooms
- 4 garlic cloves, halved
- 1 bay leaf
- ⅓ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- 8 tsp extra-virgin olive oil, or butter
- 2 Tbsp cream
- Combine the first four ingredients in a Dutch oven -- cover with water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until tender.
- Drain, reserving 1 cup cooking liquid.
- Discard bay leaf.
- Combine potato mixture, reserved cooking liquid (may not need all of it, just enough to blend), salt, and pepper in a bowl.
- Beat at medium speed of a mixer until smooth.
- Add oil or butter and cream.
Nutritional Analysis per Serving
- Calories: 130
- Fat: 4 g
- Carbohydrate: 22 g
- Protein: 2 g
- Food Groups: 1 starch, ½ vegetable, 1 fat
LEARN MORE: For more information or to speak to an admissions coordinator, call 1-800-235-3853 or use our online contact form.